Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Indiana Jones Party - Satchels

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'm in the midst of planning an Indiana Jones Party for my now 7 year old.

I've been inspired by many blogs I've found...see the list at the bottom of this post.
One such blog, Em-agination, gave a great tutorial on how to make some easy felt satchels for the guests to carry their clues and such around in.
I added cording for the strap (I think she used more felt...doing it over, I'd probably just cut out more felt and sew it on as a strap, too.)

To make keeping up with their satchels just a little easier, I came up with a label for each guest.  Using a graphic from Graphics Fairy, I used various fonts to create a label.  I then printed the labels on fabric.  (How do you print on fabric?  Go here.)

After personalizing (I did leave a few blank for those last minute RSVPs...I'll just fill those in with a sharpie...) and printing out the labels, I simply cut them out and sewed them on to the flap of the satchel.

Pretty cool, huh?!?!?
Oh, and did I mention super easy and quick???
If you'd like to use my labels for your own party, click here.


Inspiration for these satchels and all other Indiana Jones Party ideas were found at the following sites:

If you have an Indiana Jones Party post that is not listed above...let me know!  I'd love to add it to the list to share with others!

Smiles!

Linking to:

5 comments:

Lauren Brown said...

These are awesome! I'm totally gonna keep this post in my stockpile of party ideas!

Have a great week!

Lauren @ BADD

http://thebadd.blogspot.com

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

This is a great idea and they came out awesome. If my guy ever likes Indy (and I wish he would, hours of watching Harrison Ford - I can get on board with that!), I will have to use this idea.

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

This is a great idea and they came out awesome. If my guy ever likes Indy (and I wish he would, hours of watching Harrison Ford - I can get on board with that!), I will have to use this idea.

GJM said...

Your labels are simply brilliant! I tried to click on the link for them, but it didn't work. Would you mind sending it to me? I would be so grateful!

Tya Lynn said...

I tried to download your awesome labels but the link didn't work. Would it be possible to send them to me? I would love you! Thank you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails